HOME · ABOUT ·
IRISHTHEATRE.ie, produced by Irish Theatre Institute, is a comprehensive multimedia directory of professional drama, dance and opera in Ireland, North and South. Containing detailed information on 130+ theatre, dance and opera companies, 100+ venues and networks, and 30+ theatre and arts festivals, the directory also houses listings on funding bodies, training and support organisations, actor and literary agencies and international performing arts festivals and networks.
The site features links to latest Irish theatre news, as well as current and upcoming theatre events around Ireland (courtesy of the Arts Council's Culture Fox website). All the information and images contained within IRISHTHEATRE.ie have been supplied by the organisations and individuals themselves.
Theatre / Dance / Opera companies / Producing houses who have been in existence for more than 12 months and have produced at least 3 professional shows to date (including receiving venues who produce in-house work, such as the Civic Theatre, Tallaght), with most recent production having premiered within the last two years. The productions are assessed based on a set of criteria including: company's pay structure, established track record and professional background of the artistic team, and/ or reviews published in national media.
You will find information on artistic policy, personnel, recent productions and contact information.
You can filter your search by: REGION / COUNTY and also by type of company: THEATRE / DANCE / OPERA / PUPPET / STREET THEATRE/CIRCUS / YOUNG AUDIENCES / IRISH LANGUAGE THEATRE.
Venues / Festivals
Professionally managed and programming a significant proportion of professional drama and dance each year.
You will find information on programming policy, personnel, recent productions and contact information. You can filter your search by LOCATION / DATE (for festivals) / or, for venues, you can search by seating capacity, stage type or even enter the dimensions of your touring set to see which stages can offer sufficient capacity.
You can view search results as A-Z listings / MAP (venues) / CALENDAR (festivals).
Further information on funding, training, representation and international festivals and networks.
- Theatre Support Organisations Organisations that support both professional and non-professional theatre and dance in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Funding Bodies and Opportunities Organisations who provide funding opportunities through a submission based application process.
- Local Authority Arts Officers (Ireland, North & South): a full list of local authority Arts Officers from across the island of I Ireland including University and Institute of Technology Arts officers, Údarás na Gaeltachta Arts Officers and Area Partnership/Leader Initiative Arts Officers
- Awards and Competitions submission and non-submission awards, including playwriting awards.
- Professional Development Programmes Details of short professional development courses and mentorship initiatives for theatre practitioners in a variety of practices
- Formal Education Courses Directory of institutions offering formal accredited theatre training outside of Ireland. For a full list of courses in Ireland please see www.qualifax.ie
- Agents/Representatives (Ireland & UK): Directory of actors’, designers’ and casting agents in Ireland and the UK
- Literary Agencies (Ireland & UK) Directory of literary agents in Ireland and the UK
- International Theatre and Arts Festivals information on key International theatre and arts festivals and on those who have previously attended ITI’s International Theatre eXchange and Information Toolbox networking events.
- International Arts Markets/Networks International Arts Markets which offer promotional and networking opportunities some of which ITI has participated in over a number of years e.g CINARS, APAP, APAM.
Events / News
Theatre EVENTS are sourced by kind permission of the Arts Council from it's Culture Fox website via continous feed and is refreshed daily. EVENTS arearchived after two months.
The NEWS items are from external publications featuring content related to Irish theatre and edited by Irish Theatre Institute.
Clicking READ ARTICLE / LISTEN TO PODCAST / WATCH VIDEO link will open a new browser window on the other publication’s website.
Editorial and Update Policy
- Four sections of IRISHTHEATRE.ie (COMPANIES/ VENUES/ FESTIVALS/ THEATRE RESOURCES) are updated by ITI biannually. Organisations are required to alert the editor to changes in personnel, company information, update their recent productions and supply recent photographs to upload. Failure to supply this updated information leads to the removal of the organisation from the website.
- Organisations who wish to submit or amend information or images should do so via the Get-Listed section of the website or contact ITI directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRISHTHEATRE.ie does not currently list individual artists or theatre practitioners, however the ITI team retains its accumulated Irish Theatre Artists’ information in an off-line archive which can be referenced in response to queries. For more information please do not hesitate to contact ITI at email@example.com
- All production photographs and corresponding credits have been supplied by the organisations.
- While Irish Theatre Institute has taken every care in collating information for this website, it does not assume and hereby disclaims any liability to any party for loss or damage caused by errors or omissions in www.irishtheatre.ie